In order to ensure your oral health care can continue to thrive for the rest of your life, always make sure you have an effective prevention and treatment checklist in place to ensure that damage is minimized, and any oral accidents or injuries are treated effectively. For optimum oral health care, establish guidelines to enhance your overall health, such as the following:
– Drink plenty of water to wash away food debris that may begin to build up.
– Always remember to clean between your teeth with an interdental cleaner such as dental floss every day. Also, consider supplemental cleaning utensils such as mouthwash.
– Try using cleaning products that are safe and effective after eating and will not contribute to dental abrasion. This includes chewing sugarless gum and mouthwash.
– Always be sure to visit your dentist for routine checkups and comprehensive professional cleanings.
– Eat nutritious and well-balanced meals to keep your teeth healthy and strong.
– Avoid unhealthy products that can slowly damage your oral health, including smoking and chewing tobacco. Furthermore, avoid drugs.
– Avoid snacking between meals, as it can increase your risk of tooth decay.
– Brush your tongue along with your teeth to help prevent bad breath.
No matter the oral health care you are in need of, Dr. Rebecca Pitner and our team at Pitner Family Dentistry are here to help you in every way we can. If you would like to set up an appointment to come see us at our dentist office in Bessemer, Alabama, please call us at 205-426-2644 to speak with a member of our team.