You probably aren’t thinking much about how you’ll care for your smile when you’re about to go on vacation. With a lot of holidays coming up, Dr. Rebecca Pitner and our dental team want to ensure you are getting the best dental care while traveling, so follow this list of tips we have provided below.
– Clean your toothbrushes to avoid bacteria and germs by either getting a toothbrush case or wrapping them to keep out germs.
– To help saliva flow, chew gum about 20 minutes after a meal. This will help you avoid cavities by washing away bacteria. Look for the ADA Seal of Acceptance when purchasing gum to ensure its safety and effectiveness.
– When you need dental assistance in an emergency or to schedule an appointment for when you get back, keep our contact information on hand.
– Get dental recommendations from your hotel concierge if you are traveling far or overseas. They should be able to find the closest dental practices in the area in case of an emergency.
– Be sure to attend your biannual exam and cleaning at Pitner Family Dentistry to ensure your smile is ready to go on any long or short vacation.
– Forgot your toothbrush and no store around? That’s no problem! Use your washcloth or finger to brush your teeth, and rinse vigorously afterwards with water. Purchase a toothbrush as soon as you can, so you don’t make this a regular habit.
If you have had an emergency, schedule an appointment with us as soon as you get back. Dr. Rebecca Pitner and our dental team here in Bessemer, Alabama, will be happy to give you your best smile, so call 205-426-2644 today!